A satisfying meal with a little kick to it! Great for chilly days.
- 12.54 lbs (1 carton) Idahoan® Scalloped Potatoes (Item #00881)
- 1 lb bacon, cut into 1" pieces
- 18 oz (2 large onions) Spanish onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 12 oz low-fat mozzarella, cut into ¼" cubes
- 9 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups milk
- 144 oz low-sodium chicken broth
- 18 oz pepper Jack cheese
- 2¼ tsp chipotle powder (more or less depending on desired heat level)
- Prepare and bake Idahoan® Scalloped Potatoes in hotel pan according to package instructions.
- In large saucepan/small stock pot, cook bacon until crispy.
- Add onions and butter into remaining fat from bacon and cook until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add flour and cook for several minutes, making a roux.
- Add milk; bring to a boil while stirring. Once it is thickened, add broth and bring to boil.
- Stir in baked potatoes. (Potatoes at this point can be hot or cold.) Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Add Pepper Jack cheese and chipotle powder. Stir until cheese is melted. Hold hot. Serve.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!