Creamy and deliciously rich – everything that you want your ice cream to be!
- 2 cups Idahoan® Real Mashed Potatoes (Item #00311, 00313, 20405, 85250)
- 9 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until frothy. Set aside.
- Heat the milk, cream and condensed milk until it reaches 200°F and hold for 15 minutes.
- Slowly drizzle half of the hot milk mixture into the egg yolks and sugar, whisking constantly.
- Once the egg mixture is tempered, add it back to the pan with the remaining milk mixture.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add potatoes and vanilla extract, stirring constantly.
- Place finished mixture into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!