- 2 - 16.44 oz. packages Idahoan® Buttery Golden Selects® made as directed (Item #00335)
- ¼ cup oil
- 3 medium yellow onions, diced
- 2 Tbl. garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked bacon, chopped
- 6 bottles of your favorite amber ale
- 2 gallons light chicken stock
- 3 lbs. smoked cheddar, shredded
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- Sauté onions and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add bacon and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add beer and reduce by ⅔.
- Add stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add potatoes, simmer gently for ½ hour.
- Whisk in cheese and cook for 5 minutes. Add green onions, adjust seasoning and take off heat.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!