Ready in 50 minutes
Complexity: Sous Chef
Serves 24 People
Layers of flavors and a real palate pleaser.
Mediterranean Potato Torte
Serves: 24 servings-2 pancakes per person/serving
- 2.125 lbs (1 carton) Idahoan® Fresh Cut Hash Brown Potatoes (Item #00808), rehydrated per instructions
- 2½ lbs onion, shredded
- 1½ lbs flour
- 2 cups, divided fresh parsley, chopped
- 20 oz fresh tomatoes
- 18 oz marinated artichokes, diced or chopped
- 16 oz fresh roasted red peppers, diced
- 14 oz black olives, sliced
- 24 oz fresh goat cheese
- Mixed greens, as needed
- Balsamic dressing or house vinaigrette, as needed
- Mix together Idahoan® Fresh Cut Hash Brown Potatoes, onions, flour and 1 cup chopped parsley in large bowl.
- Place 4 oz. hash brown mixture on well-oiled griddle at 350°F to 400°F, flatten into 6-inch-wide, ¼-inch-thick disks and cook 3-4 minutes on each side. The mixture should make 48 of these potato pancakes (2 pancakes per person).
- In separate bowl, mix together tomatoes, artichokes, roasted red peppers, black olives and remaining parsley.
- Top each potato pancake with 1 oz. of crumbled goat cheese and 1 oz. tomato mixture. Stack 2 potato pancakes to make a serving.
- Toss salad greens with small amount of vinaigrette. Place mixed greens salad on top of hot Mediterranean potato layers and serve immediately.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!