Here’s a clever new twist on a Greek classic with all the zesty lemon flavor and the salty balance of Kalamata olives and feta cheese. Punch it up with the buttery flavor of our Scalloped potatoes and you get a new classic from Idahoan!
- 1 package Idahoan® Scalloped Potatoes (Item #00881)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium roasted red pepper, diced fine
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 fresh lemons, juiced
- 1 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 10 hard boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sauté garlic and peppers in olive oil until just tender.
- Prepare Idahoan® Scalloped Potatoes in hotel pan according to package instructions.
- Add the lemon juice, ½ cup of the olives, and sautéed garlic and peppers to casserole mixing thoroughly.
- Stir in ½ lb of feta cheese
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining feta. Bake 5 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
- Plate portion and garnish with chopped eggs, reserved sliced olives and parsley.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!